Using video to promote your product or brand online is becoming increasingly important.
Video advertising as opposed to traditional print advertising is cost effective, once your video is produced and uploaded to the web, that single video can be:
- Posted on your website
- Shared on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Sent to present or prospective clients via email newsletters
- Video is search engine friendly
- Uploading a video to Youtube exposes your product or brand not only to an Irish audience, but to 800 million monthly users worldwide
- Sharing a video on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter is free
- Including video in your digital marketing campaign can increase sales by up to 50%
According to a report by PwC and IAB Ireland, the only segment of the Irish market set again for double digit growth over the period (2012-2016) will be internet advertising, at 15.4% CAGR. In 2011, the Irish internet advertising market was valued at US$187 million (based on the annual study of the industry conducted by PwC on behalf of IAB Ireland), and this is predicted to grow to US$383 million in 2016. This will position internet advertising as the largest advertising channel in Ireland, representing almost 30% of the total 2016 advertising market.
The following are the UK IAB’s digital advertising spend figures, which include online, mobile and tablets, showing details of the full year 2012.
- Video up 46% to £160m; social media up 24% to £328m.
- Mobile spend crosses half billion £ mark; now accounting for 10% of digital spend.
- Digital advertising up £607m; mobile driving over half this growth.
- FMCG overtakes Finance as biggest digital display advertiser.
This tracking study, dating back to 1997, represents the official industry figures and acts as the barometer for the health of the market.